Monday, January 16, 2012
for The God Of Small Things
1. Do members of a marginalized culture build their identities differently from members of a dominant culture?
2. Who is the other in this book?
3. Who is the protagonist of this book?
4. When privileged people are exposed to trauma, is it less authentic than it is for the underprivileged?
5. What would it mean if people from all cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds agreed on a single definition of poverty?
6. Can a novel be a feminist text even if the characters have never heard of feminism?