Friday, September 30, 2011

INSTRUCTIONS FOR FINAL ROUND

It's done.

Over 200 of you followed me in less than a week.

Now one of you will decide what books I am allowed to read in 2012.

If you want to win, please carefully consider your answers to the following questions:

1. What does being in charge of what I read mean to you?

2. How will we make it work?

3. What was the last book you read?

Please send an email with your answers in the body. Do not send an attachment. Send your answers to:

clccontest@bust.com

Include the word CONTEST in the subject line. Sign your email with your twitter username (or a link if you can). The deadline for entry is midnight on Tuesday, October 11th (Eastern time). I will announce the winner here and on twitter on Monday, October 17th.

Here are a few final things to keep in mind:

-You must follow me on twitter in order to win. You can still do that here.

- I am only interested in books by women. If you plan on assigning me men's books, please do not enter.

- If you are an author, please do not just assign me your books and nothing else. I am looking for an experience with depth and diversity.

-I will link to your twitter, blog, website or anywhere else you want me to. With your permission, I will use your name in my blog posts to talk about our interactions and my responses to your choice of books. This yearlong project is a chance to promote yourself as much as it will promote me.

Again, and I cannot say this enough, thank you to every one of you for following me, mentioning me, reading my work, and asking me to read your work. You are all fantastic. I am honored to be part of such a literate, passionate, creative community.

No comments:

Post a Comment