Sunday, September 25, 2011

TWITTER "TELL ME WHAT TO READ" CONTEST RULES

As many of you know, I recently started a contest on twitter to decide which of my followers will earn the right to tell me what to read in 2012. Thank you to everyone who has followed me, retweeted my contest posts, messaged me, and mentioned me. As of this writing I have 57 followers. I need 201 to announce the winner.

Since I am gaining followers so quickly, now is a good time to explain how the contest will work. Once I reach 201 followers, I will tweet a link to a page on this blog. This page will ask you to answer 3 questions, and give an email address for your answers. I will accept answers for 10 days, then take four days to go through your emails and pick my winner. I will announce the winner here and on twitter.

It wouldn't be fair to keep those questions secret... so here they are:

1. What does being in charge of what I read mean to you?

2. How will we make it work?

3. What was the last book you read?

If you want to answer early, feel free to do so. If you have any other questions I will be glad to answer them.

I will be blogging about the books you assign me and about how this experience changes my attitudes towards literature. I will link to your blog/twitter/website; I want this to be a shared public endeavor. After all, learning, sharing, and changing are the main reasons for doing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment